Cameron Cards and Scrapbooking

{A cards and scrapbooking blog}

Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Girly Birthday Card

I picked up a Cricut Explore on Boxing Day and I am in love! By far their best machine yet and I have been playing around with it a bit and have made a few cards. Today I will share this girly birthday card that I made with the Slumber Party Cartridge.

 
 
I cut out the nail polish and the lipstick from light pink, dark pink, white and black cardstocks. I added some dimension with ink before piecing them together. I didn't add the background frame shape that comes with these images (one is a circle and the other is a rounded square shape). I added some extra white high lights with some cardstock and a gel pen. I printed the text directly on the patterned paper with my laser printer (font is Bookman Old Style) and added the nail polish and lipstick with foam tape.
 
 

I embellished the card with some flowers made from a flower punch and black rhinestones for the centre. I think this one turned out cute and girly.
 
Thanks for visiting!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment